It seems like every time we turn on the news or log on to social media, there’s another tragic story splashed across the headlines or politically-driven hatred showing up in our news feeds. Natural disasters. Terrorism. Campaign mudslinging. Suicide. Racism. Sometimes it makes me want to curl up in a ball and never come out from under the covers.
It’s irresponsible to be completely ignorant of the world’s events, so instead of turning a blind eye, I think it’s important that we don’t underestimate the power of good over evil, positive over negative, and right over wrong.
There are so many good stories happening all around us if we just choose to seek them out in this crazy world. I’ve compiled a list of five good things in the news recently (though there are several more) that are happy and uplifting. Hopefully these will encourage you and provide a little inspiration for us all to rid our minds of negativity – focusing on seeing the good and being the good.
- Boy who received double hand transplant is showing the world how it changed his life.
- Man with Alzheimer’s sings to his favorite tunes in hit YouTube videos
- 10-year-old writes letter to his injured girlfriend
- Golden retriever hugs strangers on the streets of NYC
- Quadruple amputee toddler gets custom look-alike doll
Please share any feel-good stories you’ve heard or read this week!